Were You Injured in a Truck Accident?
Finding the right Riverside truck accident lawyer is essential to the recovery process. Truck accident cases can be complex due to the multiple parties involved. A legal professional is the best chance truck accident victims have to recover the compensation they need and deserve for losses involving large commercial trucks.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi-truck accident in Riverside, CA, and are unsure of what to do next, we can help. Our team of experienced truck accident lawyers will assist you in obtaining the appropriate compensation for your truck accident injuries.
Sycamore Accident Lawyers can help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us to speak to an attorney today.
AWARDS & RECOGNITGIONS
Our Riverside truck accident lawyer assists accident victims and is recognized as one of the best trial lawyers. Contact our law office today to learn how we can help.
The Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving large trucks are quite different from regular car accidents. For starters, semi-truck accidents are frequently more severe than passenger vehicle collisions.
In addition, obtaining compensation following a truck accident is more complicated. That is why you require the legal guidance of a Riverside truck accident attorney.
Here are some reasons why you should consult an attorney if you have sustained injuries in a truck accident:
- Get Critical Evidence: Truck accident lawyers may assist you in conducting a comprehensive investigation into the causes of your accident and obtaining evidence that explains how the accident occurred and why the truck driver is guilty of negligence.
- Choosing the Most Effective Legal Strategy: Attorneys will look into how to approach the case and recommend achieving the best outcomes for your case.
- Determining Liability: Establishing fault in a truck accident can be more complicated than in a car accident. Truck accidents can involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, the truck driver's employer, the company that loaded the truck, and the manufacturer. It will require the skill of an experienced legal team to consider all of these factors to identify the liable party or parties.
- Providing Legal Guidance: A truck accident lawyer can provide practical legal counsel at all stages of your claim if you seek compensation after a truck accident. They will also follow all legal procedures and meet all deadlines to avoid jeopardizing the personal injury claim.
Page Updated: 02-13-2024
Our Law Firm Specializes in Riverside Truck Accidents
Look no further if you're seeking the best Riverside truck accident lawyer. Sycamore Accident lawyers get the job done. Whether you have suffered serious injuries or property damage or have medical bills due to an accident, our attorneys have extensive experience handling truck accident cases.
Southern California has experienced an increase in the number of commercial truck accidents. This upsurge in truck accidents is because of the increased number of commercial vehicles that ply the roads in Riverside.
Furthermore, with the growing popularity of online shopping, many large retailers, such as Amazon, have built significant distribution operations in Riverside County.
As a result, passenger cars have to share the road with more commercial trucks. On any given day, 25,000 to 30,000 trucks pass through the city's busiest stretches of Interstate 10. As you might imagine, this increase in truck traffic has increased truck accidents in the county. According to traffic accident data, 463 truck accidents happened in Riverside in 2020, resulting in 22 fatal crashes and 625 injured people.
If you suffered serious injuries from a trucking accident in Riverside due to the negligence of a truck driver, you have the legal right to seek compensation. Our team of skilled and award-winning Riverside truck accident lawyers is fully prepared and qualified to handle truck accident claims.
Truck Accident Victims
Trucking accidents can be severe and complicated. At Sycamore Accident Lawyers, we're here to help people hurt in these accidents. We know how tough it can be to deal with these situations, especially when big commercial trucks and companies are involved. Our Riverside truck accident lawyer works hard to ensure victims get the help and money they deserve for their injuries and damages.
A semi-truck accident often happens with more trucks on the road due to online shopping, delivery vehicles, and extensive warehouses. Our law office is always ready to support our injured clients and help them seek compensation for property damage, lost wages, and medical bills.
We have lots of experience dealing with insurance company adjusters and winning cases for our clients.
How Much a Truck Accident Claim is Worth
Determining how much your truck accident claim is worth can be complex. However, there are several factors that your Riverside truck accident attorney will consider before estimating your case value.
They are as follows:
- Economic losses due to the accident
- Impact of the pain and injury on every aspect of your life
- Recovery time
- Permanent physical injury
- Future loss due to the accident
- Cost of the medical treatment
Since every truck accident case is different, the value of your case will vary. We will estimate your case's value during your meeting with our experienced truck accident lawyers. The free consultation will also allow you to ask any additional questions on your mind.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. The most common causes of truck crashes include:
- Speeding: Commercial truck drivers sometimes exceed the speed limit. In addition, when responding to a call, some emergency vehicles, particularly those in residential areas, frequently do the same. This can result in a significant collision if a negligent driver is present.
- Distracted Driving: This exacerbates the dangers of operating large trucks, significantly increasing the risk of accidents. Distracted driving includes texting, social media, eating and drinking, or grooming. Each activity can dramatically increase the risk of a collision by reducing a truck driver's awareness, reaction times, and overall loss of vehicle control.
- Use of Alcohol and Drugs: Even though the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) compels trucking companies to test independent truck drivers periodically for drugs and alcohol, some truckers continue to drive while inebriated. While most truck drivers are responsible, some are enticed by tight deadlines, long hours, and loneliness.
- Driver Fatigue: Most truck drivers are usually pressed to make deliveries within a specific timeframe. Because of this, they sometimes drive for hours without rest. Lack of adequate sleep leads to driver fatigue and is equivalent to driving while intoxicated.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Defective tires, brake failure, steering equipment malfunction, and tractor-trailer problems affect safe freight delivery.
- Improperly Loaded Vehicles: Improperly loaded trucks or a cargo load that exceeds the weight limit makes the vehicle difficult to steer and operate safely.
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
Truck accidents cause more severe injuries due to the massive size of the vehicles and the force of impact.
Here are the common injuries caused by large truck accidents:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Traumatic brain injuries or TBIs occur when the impact of an accident leads to severe damage to the brain tissue. A TBI is a catastrophic injury that can cause physical and mental impairment, headache, seizure, personality changes, and death.
- Broken Bones: An accident can cause breakage, fracture, and fragmentation of the bones into several pieces. It can cause broken arms, legs, feet, collarbone, and ribs, among others. Due to the impact of the accidents, injuries can be extensive and need long-term recovery and possibly surgery.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal injury occurs when the spinal cord is damaged or severed because of truck accidents. Spinal cord injuries can lead to the paralysis of your lower body. These injuries need immediate medical treatment to prevent permanent damage.
- Amputation: Amputation of limbs occurs when the limb damage is severe. Amputation is quite common in some truck accidents because of the massive impact of the collision.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Cuts can occur due to sharp metal, shattered glass, and other objects in the truck. These objects can impact the body during a collision, leading to infection.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Riverside
Here are the steps to take if you get involved in a commercial truck accident. These tips will help your personal injury claim against the negligent truck driver and trucking company:
- Contact the police to report the car accident. Then, get a copy of the police report.
- Get the contact information of the involved parties, the driver's insurance, and the information of the trucker's employer.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and injuries. The more visual evidence, the better.
- Get contact details and information from eyewitnesses of the accident.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer and receive legal advice about your case. Hiring a truck accident attorney will help prevent you from getting in a legal bind with the trucking company's insurance adjusters, who may try to avoid compensating you for the accident.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident
Establishing liability in a trucking accident is more challenging than in a car accident. The reason is that different parties can be liable for truck accidents.
Here are the parties that can be liable for a truck accident:
- Truck drivers: Truck drivers can lead to accidents by inattentive driving, drunk driving, violation of traffic rules, drowsy driving, and impaired driving.
- Truck manufacturers: Truck manufacturers can be liable for truck collisions when the trucks are poorly designed or have defective parts.
- Trucking Companies: Trucking companies can be at fault for an accident when they don't maintain the truck, push their drivers to overwork themselves, or engage in negligence.
- Cargo Companies: Cargo companies can be liable when they improperly load cargo or overload trucks with a lot of cargo.
Contact Our Riverside Truck Accident Lawyers For Your Free Consultation
If you or a loved one were involved in a truck accident, the consequences might be disastrous. You don't have to go through it alone. We are here to assist you.
At Sycamore Accident Lawyers, we are dedicated to providing you with the highest compensation possible. We've gone to trial and settled hundreds of truck accident claims over the last ten years. We've honed our skills in negotiating with many insurance companies.
As a result, when you're up against a trucking company, their insurance adjusters, and defense attorneys, we have the experience that matters.