Have You Suffered Injuries From a Motorcycle Accident?
The unfortunate circumstance of riding a motorcycle is the potential for a motorcycle crash so severe it can cause serious, even fatal injuries. Motorcyclists are more susceptible to catastrophic motorcycle accident injuries on the road with less protection to safeguard them from serious physical injuries. Besides the potential injuries many motorcycle accidents tend to cause, victims may need to recover from significant financial losses.
If you or your loved ones were involved in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to seek compensation for damages through the pursuit of a personal injury claim. Our team of skilled and award-winning Riverside motorcycle accident lawyers at Sycamore Accident Lawyers will assist you in obtaining the fair compensation you deserve for your accident. Schedule a free consultation today.
Is Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer My Best Option?
Whether you have suffered injuries or property damage, our Riverside motorcycle accident attorneys have extensive experience helping motorcycle accident victims recover the compensation they deserve. We understand that for our clients, bills need to be paid. These losses can add up in the form of medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more.
It’s a difficult situation for a motorcycle accident victim to be in, having to tend to their physical and emotional recovery from their motorcycle injury while missing work and seeing their medical expenses piling up. You need an experienced motorcycle accident attorney on your side to help get you through a tough time.
If you or a family member were injured in a Riverside motorcycle crash that was caused by a negligent driver, you have the right to seek compensation. But getting what you deserve from your settlement is a different matter and will depend on how you decide to handle your claim. Because at some point you’ll have to deal with the other party’s insurance company and you’ll soon find that what they initially offer you to settle is lower than the amount you had in mind.
Our qualified Riverside motorcycle accident lawyer will make sure that you receive a full and fair settlement that you’ll need to get back on your feet. As a personal injury law firm known for our expert trial abilities and aggressive client advocacy, you will get the best legal representation from our professional legal team.
The Benefits of Hiring a Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating and can occur at any time. They can also be costly for victims. You should not be held accountable for the reckless actions of a negligent party. Get the justice you deserve by hiring an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. The following are some of the main advantages of choosing a motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Get Compensation: Going about the process on your own may not pay off, as a motorcycle accident attorney will be able to assist you significantly due to their expertise and knowledge of the process.
- Collect the Right Evidence: A motorcycle accident lawyer will look for videos, photos, eyewitness accounts, and other evidence to offer in court.
- Seek Advice: Whenever you have a query, they can provide you with a straightforward solution to help you grasp everything. Knowing legal terms and procedures will provide insight into what to expect throughout the case.
- Get Legal Representation: A motorcycle accident attorney can also represent you in court. Without an attorney, you will have to speak for yourself in court. In addition, your lawyer can advise you not to say anything incorrectly whenever you’re asked to talk.
- File the Right Paperwork: A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you in obtaining the proper documentation and filing on your behalf to ensure you meet deadlines, like the statute of limitations. Having all of the necessary papers expedites the procedure.
Determining Liability in Motorcycle Accidents
Determining liability in a motorcycle accident can be complex. Motorcycle riders are exposed to more dangers because motorcycles are lighter, smaller, and provide less protection than cars, which means motorcycle crashes can potentially cause severe, life-threatening injuries. There is also the problem of the general bias against motorcycle riders as risk-takers on the road. Motorcyclists usually receive less compensation due to this. And with the motorcyclist usually having the burden of proof, motorcycle accident claims can be difficult cases.
Most motorcycle accident cases occur due to negligence. In order to qualify behavior as "negligent," it must be shown how the defendant acted in an irresponsible manner or caused injuries to the plaintiff. The following qualifications must be addressed.
- The defendant had an obligation: Every motorist is obligated to operate their motor vehicles carefully.
- The defendant did not exercise caution: In evaluating this, the law will evaluate if the defendant breached their obligation to be careful on the road.
- The defendant’s actions led to the plaintiff’s injuries: There needs to be a correlation between how the injuries were suffered as a result of the defendant’s actions.
- The plaintiff got injured: Evidence of damages incurred due to the accident must be provided. Examples include hospital bills, invoices from repair shops, and physical wounds.
Motorcycle Accidents in Riverside: Common Causes
Motorcycle accidents are widespread in California, according to figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). In 2013, 453 individuals died in motorcycle accidents in the state. After Los Angeles County and San Diego, Riverside has the third-highest instances. Additionally, according to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune article, motorcycle-related fatalities in California have more than doubled since 1997. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 80% of all motorcycle accidents result in the motorcyclist’s injury or death.
According to NHTSA, over 80% of all motorcycle accidents result in the motorcyclist’s injury or death. The following are some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Alcohol: When operating a vehicle, reflexes cannot be compromised. Alcohol, on the other hand, affects judgment and lowers reaction times. In 2018, alcohol was involved in over 40% of all single-vehicle motorbike deaths.
- Driving While Distracted: Motorbike accidents are caused by distracted driving from both passenger-vehicles and motorcycles. Distractions include anything that does not focus on driving a vehicle, like texting, eating, or changing the radio station while driving.
- Speeding: Motorcycle accidents are caused in large part by speeding. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speed was a factor in 32% of motorcycle fatalities.
- Inexperience: This is a common cause of motorcycle accidents. Before beginning to ride a motorbike, it is advised that the rider enrolls in hours of training to understand how to operate the motorcycle properly, follow traffic regulations, and use the road responsibly.
- Road Hazards: Potholes, debris, and uneven pavements are examples of road hazards that could result in a motorbike accident. Remember that even minor road defects can make the motorbike slip or crash.
- Opening of Car Doors: Before opening their car door, some people exiting a car fail to check for oncoming motorcycles and quickly swing the door open, resulting in dooring. Skaters and cyclists may also be at risk.
- Unsafe Lane Changing: Lane changing and lane splitting is dangerous for bikers because they are often caught in drivers’ blind spots. Motorcyclists should also not force their way into a line if there is not enough room.
- Rear-end Collisions: An inattentive driver who does not see a motorcyclist in time during an immediate stop can hit their motorcycle from behind. Tailgating also results from driving too close to another vehicle in front of them.
What Should You Do If You Get into a Motorcycle Accident in Riverside?
Following are the procedures to take if you get involved in a motorbike accident:
- Take pictures of the accident scene: Record what caused the accident. Then, record videos of all of the damage to your bike and the other involved vehicle(s) with your smartphone.
- Call 911: Notify the police and get a police report from the responding officer. Make sure to also the badge number and name of the police officer if you need more information in the future.
- See a Doctor: Do not leave the accident scene until it has been reported, unless you are seriously hurt. Unless it’s an emergency, stay at the scene, and once cleared, see a doctor for an examination. You need an official medical exam to treat injuries, and it needs to be documented.
- Visit an Attorney: Meet with our Riverside personal injury attorneys for a free consultation, and we will help guide you in your motorcycle accident case.
Contact Us to Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you or your family member were involved in a motorcycle accident, the results could be devastating. But you don’t have to go through that alone. We are here to assist you. At Sycamore Car Accident Lawyers, we are dedicated to providing you with the highest level of compensation possible.
We have the experience that matters when you’re up against an aggressive insurance company or their defense attorneys. Contact us today to get started.