Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injuries can be life-changing, causing excruciating pain, suffering, and financial hardship. But you don’t need to go through it on your own. If you or a loved one suffered severe injuries in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to recover compensation for your losses, which include medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more.
Our Riverside personal injury attorney is fully prepared to help protect your rights and get you the maximum compensation.
Our team of award-winning Riverside personal injury lawyers at Sycamore Accident Lawyers will assist you in obtaining the appropriate compensation for your accident and injuries. Call for your free consultation now and speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
AWARDS & RECOGNITGIONS
Recognized as one of the best law firms in Riverside County, our legal team excels in assisting personal injury victims. Handling personal injury lawsuits in civil court, our Riverside injury attorneys consistently secure compensation for injury victims.
Why Our Riverside Personal Injury Lawyers Are Your Best Option
Have you suffered personal injuries? Are you looking for an experienced personal injury attorney in Riverside, CA?
We've got you covered.
At Sycamore Accident Lawyers, we get the job done all the time. We have extensive experience helping individuals like you obtain the compensation they need to get back on their feet.
Most personal injury cases settle out of civil court. However, our Riverside personal injury lawyers are fully prepared to go to court if your case requires the pursuit of a personal injury lawsuit to get you a fair settlement.
In addition, we have earned the reputation of being a trusted personal injury law firm, and our achievements have been recognized. We specialize in motor vehicle accidents and only represent the victims. No matter what type of case you have, contact us today to see how we can help you with yours.
Schedule your free initial consultation now.
Types of Injuries and Accident Cases
Personal injury lawyers usually handle an array of tort cases, including the following listed below:
- Car Accidents - the leading cause of auto accidents is typically distracted driving.
- Truck Accidents - distracted driving is also a cause of trucking accidents.
- Premises Liability - slip and fall accidents fall under premises liability.
- Motorcycle Accidents - motorcycle accidents happen due to various factors, including car accidents.
- Head Injuries - head injuries are typically referred to as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Spinal Cord Injuries - spinal cord and neck injuries usually occur due to whiplash.
- Wrongful Death - accidents with fatal injuries would fall under a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Workers' Compensation - unfortunately, workplace and construction accidents are also common.
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, you should seek the legal representation of a Riverside personal injury lawyer.
Benefits of Hiring a Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
Per California law, personal injury falls under the umbrella of tort law. This type of law holds the responsible party legally accountable for the injuries and other losses they caused to accident victims. However, holding the responsible party accountable for their recklessness can be more complex, so getting a Riverside personal injury attorney is recommended.
Personal injury attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve. Insurance adjusters generally downplay the seriousness of traffic accidents and compensate personal injury victims as little as possible. Furthermore, an insurance adjuster's initial settlement offer does not include future costs, like lost wages, medical care, and future medical expenses.
When you consult an experienced personal injury attorney about your situation, the attorney will confirm the offer is reasonable. Your attorney will also assist you in negotiating a better personal injury settlement.
Other benefits include:
- Make the Law Work for You: A local personal injury attorney knows the laws in Riverside County. Even if you were partially responsible for the accident, skilled Riverside personal injury attorneys know how to get clients compensated. Furthermore, your attorney will prevent you from making detrimental statements about your case.
- Find Evidential Proof: An experienced personal injury attorney knows what kind of evidence you'll need to build a strong case, and they have the resources to obtain this evidence. Medical records of catastrophic injuries, police reports, eyewitness testimonies, and video footage of the car accident scene are sufficient examples of evidence.
- Represents You in Court: Many personal injury claims are resolved outside court. However, if an insurance company dismisses your lawsuit, your trial lawyers will assist you in taking the personal injury case to court.
- Offers You Peace of Mind: Knowing that your accident attorney is doing the complex legal work for you will relieve much stress. You don't have to fight with the insurance adjuster or be concerned about negotiations and deadlines.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost in Riverside County?
The cost of hiring a personal injury lawyer in Riverside County or anywhere else in California can vary based on several factors.
However, many personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis.
Here's a breakdown of what this typically means and other potential costs:
- Contingency Fees: most personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee rather than an hourly rate, which means the lawyer's payment is contingent upon winning the case. If they don't win, they don't get paid.
- Consultation Fees: Many personal injury lawyers offer a free initial consultation, but clarifying this before scheduling a meeting is essential.
- Expenses: Even if an attorney takes a case on a contingency basis, some upfront costs might be associated with preparing the case, like obtaining medical records, expert fees, and more. Some attorneys might ask clients to pay these as they arise, while others might advance these costs and deduct them from the client's share of the settlement.
What to Do After a Personal Injury in Riverside, CA
Follow some recommended steps to make the most out of your personal injury case.
Here's a brief overview of the measures to take if you have been involved in a personal injury:
- Get Contact Information: Collect contact and insurance information from the person who caused the accident. Also, get a statement of what happened from witnesses and their contact information.
- Contact the Police: File a report with the authorities and get a copy of a police report for your records.
- Collect Evidence: Ensure you take photos and videos before leaving the accident scene. Also, keep copies of all medical documents, bills, and proof of any other out-of-pocket expenses related to the crash.
- DO NOT Provide Statements to the Other Driver's Insurance Company: Do not discuss the accident details with anyone before speaking with a lawyer, especially to insurance adjusters. The words will be used against you by the insurance companies.
- Receive Medical Treatment: Seek medical care immediately and get a professional opinion. Visit the emergency room if necessary. Ensure you are treated for serious injuries and that a doctor documents everything. This will help you heal sooner. Also, it will increase the chances of winning your personal injury case.
- Consult with an Attorney: Speak with an attorney right away. A personal injury lawyer usually provides a consultation and guides you through the steps.
Page Updated: 02-08-2024
How Much a Personal Injury Claim is Worth
Getting injured due to another person's negligence can be devastating. It can leave you with a stack of medical bills. It can also impede your earning ability. But you can get compensation through your injury claim.
So, how much is your case worth?
Insurance companies evaluate your personal injury claims based on several factors listed below:
- Medical treatment costs, like hospital bills, surgeries, treatment, physical therapy, rehabilitation, diagnosis, and recovery from injury
- Economic loss is the days you miss from work due to your injuries.
- Emotional distress
- Impact of injury
- Repair and replacement costs for the damaged property
- Level of daily disruptions
- Cost of the crashed car, its mileage, and condition
- Time of recovery
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
Sum up the bills from medical treatment, accumulated economic losses, and the costs of replacing or repairing the damaged property.
For personal injury claims, recovering non-economic damages such as emotional distress, pain, disfigurement, etc., can be challenging. However, an attorney can showcase how negatively affected you were by the personal injury accident. If the argument is strong enough, compensation could be awarded.
Attorneys take a more personalized approach when determining how much a case is worth. This is done in personal injury claims to ensure injured clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Insurance companies also use these formulas to evaluate losses and damages:
- Damage formula: The insurance companies evaluate your losses and establish the sum of your medical expenses after the accident. Then, the insurer will multiply the total costs by a particular number based on the gravity of the injuries. For instance, the medical bills are multiplied by 1.5 to 3 for minor injuries. Medium injuries are multiplied by 3 to 4. For permanent injuries, the medical bills are multiplied by five and above. Afterward, the insurance company will add economic loss to the above figure, serving as the beginning point for negotiations.
- Multiplier method: The insurance company applies a multiplier, ranging from 1 to 5, to the total damages. Various damages an injured person experiences include economic loss, medical costs, and property damages.
- Per Diem Method: Insurance companies calculate the non-economic damages daily using the per diem method. Hence, you request a particular dollar amount for each day you suffer pain and injuries from the at-fault party.
Determining Liability in a Personal Injury Case
To determine liability in a personal injury case, your attorney has to prove negligence. Negligence is when a person does things they shouldn't have done or doesn't do what they are supposed to do. To prove liability, your personal injury attorney needs to investigate the situations surrounding the accident.
Here are the four conditions surrounding a negligent personal injury claim:
- Duty of Care: The personal injury lawyer must first prove that there is a duty of care. This means that the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care. For example, someone driving a car has the responsibility not to drive recklessly.
- Breach of Duty: Here, the plaintiff has to prove that the duty of care was breached. They also have to establish that the defendant deliberately put the plaintiff at risk for damage or injury. People who are drunk driving are guilty of breach of duty.
- Causation: Then, the plaintiff has to prove that the defendant's actions led to a loss, injury, or damage. If a car accident resulted due to someone's breach of duty, they can be found liable for damages.
- Damages: Here, the plaintiff proves that injuries were suffered and other losses were sustained as a result of the accident that the defendant caused.
Contact Our Riverside Personal Injury Attorney to Schedule Your Consultation
Our attorneys are dedicated to providing you with the highest legal representation at Sycamore Accident Lawyers. Through the years, we have settled numerous personal injury cases and recovered maximum compensation from insurance companies. As a result, we have the experience in recovering compensation that matters when you're up against a defense attorney.
Our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning there are no upfront costs or legal fees. Schedule a free consultation with one of our Riverside personal injury lawyers today. Let us start building your winning case.
Our attorneys handle personal injury cases in Riverside County and Southern California.