Did You Suffer Injuries From a Car Accident in Riverside, CA?
Every year, about three million people in the United States get injured in car accidents, based on a report from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Car accidents range in severity from superficial injuries to debilitating impairments. If you suffered serious injuries and emotional trauma in a severe car accident caused by someone else's negligence, you have the right to seek damages for your losses and are entitled to fair compensation. That's where our experienced Riverside car accident lawyer can help.
To make sure you get the most out of your Riverside car accident claim, getting legal representation to maximize your recovery is highly advisable. Sycamore Accident Lawyers is a premier personal injury law firm with some of the most highly accomplished Riverside car accident lawyers to help you get the compensation you need and deserve to get your life back on track.
Car accident victims can recover damages from various losses from an auto accident. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an auto accident and require an experienced car accident attorney to represent your personal injury case, contact us to get started with your free consultation today.
AWARDS & RECOGNITGIONS
Recognized as the best trial lawyer in Riverside, our car accident lawyer excels in assisting accident victims. Contact our law office today to learn how we can help.
Why Our Riverside Car Accident Lawyers are the Best Choice
If you're seeking the best car accident lawyers in Riverside County, look no further. Sycamore Accident Lawyers has built a reputation for helping car accident victims recover maximum compensation for their car accident claims. Whether you have suffered severe injuries, property damage, lost wages, or accumulated expensive medical bills, our Riverside car accident attorneys can help. We will fight to obtain the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Our law firm is known for its superior trial abilities and aggressive advocacy of clients in a car accident lawsuit. We have earned the reputation of being the most trusted personal injury attorney in Riverside County.
Our law firm also works on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no legal fees until we win your Riverside car accident case. In addition, we've earned numerous honors for our work. We also provide access to the greatest medical treatment professionals in Southern California.
Benefits of Hiring a Riverside Car Accident Attorney
The challenges after being involved in a car accident can be overwhelming without help. The wisest means to tackle these challenges is to hire an experienced car accident attorney. Hiring a Riverside car accident attorney can accelerate your chances of recovering compensation.
Here are some of the advantages of hiring a car accident attorney:
- Choosing the Most Effective Legal Strategy: Our Riverside car accident lawyers are experienced in personal injury cases involving auto accidents and can advise you on the best legal strategy for your car accident case.
- Obtain Critical Evidence: They assist you in conducting a comprehensive investigation into the causes of your motor vehicle accident that can explain how the car collision occurred. Then, they can detail why the at-fault driver is liable.
- Offer Legal Guidance: With the assistance of an auto accident attorney, you can avoid jeopardizing your personal injury claim, as your car accident lawyer will offer professional legal advice and support.
- Determining Liability: Establishing liability in motor vehicle accidents can be difficult. However, a car accident lawyer will analyze the reasons for the car crash and identify the negligent parties who should compensate you for your losses.
- Communicate with the Insurance Companies: In most cases, an insurance company either reduces or denies an insurance claim by obtaining incriminating victim statements. An experienced attorney will assist in communicating with the insurance company providers.
What Are The First Steps One Should Take After A Car Accident?
If you're involved in a car accident in Riverside County or anywhere else in Southern California, taking the following steps can help protect your safety:
- Check for Injuries: Assess whether you or anyone else at the accident scene is injured. Call 911 immediately if there are any accident injuries or emergencies.
- Move to Safety: If the car accident is minor and there are no serious injuries, move the vehicles to the side of the road, if possible, to avoid blocking traffic or causing additional hazards. Turn on hazard lights.
- Call the Police: Even for minor car accidents, a police report can be valuable or required for the legal process or insurance claims. Inform the dispatcher of any injuries, the number of vehicles involved in the traffic accident, and any significant road blockages.
- Exchange Information: Get the names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance information, and license plate numbers of all drivers involved. Also, collect contact information from witnesses.
- Document the Accident Scene: Take pictures of the scene, including all vehicles involved, any damage, the positioning of cars, traffic signs, the road condition, and any injuries sustained.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Do not admit fault or make statements that could be interpreted as accepting responsibility. Exchange information and allow the police and insurance companies to determine fault based on the evidence.
- Seek Medical Attention: Sometimes, injuries are not immediately apparent. It's essential to see a doctor after an accident, even if it was a seemingly minor accident, as some injuries can become evident only hours or days later.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Inform your insurer of the accident immediately. Be honest about what happened, but again, avoid admitting fault until all facts are established.
- Keep Records: Maintain all records and documents related to the car accident, including medical reports, police reports, correspondence with insurance companies, and other relevant information.
- Consult a Car Accident Attorney: If you have been injured or have significant property damage, consult a Riverside car accident attorney to understand your legal rights and ensure you receive fair compensation.
Remember, each car accident is unique, and depending on the circumstances, you and your Riverside car accident lawyer may need to adjust these steps. In California, specific legal obligations and rights come into play after an accident, so it's beneficial to be familiar with state laws. Contact our Riverside personal injury attorneys for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 20,160 individuals died in motor vehicle crashes in the United States in the first six months of 2021, up 3,140 from the same period in 2020.
In addition, compared to a year ago, travel on US highways increased by 13% in the first half. Riverside is included, too. As the most populous city in the Inland Empire region of Southern California, it is regrettably the home to hundreds of auto accidents yearly. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), there were 1,989 individuals wounded or died in traffic accidents in Riverside in 2018.
Several reasons contribute to these motor vehicle accidents, which are described below. They are as follows:
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the National Highway Highway Safety Administration, intoxicated drivers were responsible for around 32% of all traffic fatalities in the United States last year. This includes drivers who have consumed alcohol or taken drugs.
- Distracted Driving: Texting, talking on the phone, reading, or doing anything that takes your eyes off the road are all examples of distracted driving.
- Excessive Speeding: Speeding is a significant contributor to car accidents. It's the second most common reason for Riverside car accidents. Moreover, it raises the likelihood of accidents and their severity.
- Weather: Driving in hazardous conditions might result in accidents. Driving conditions can be made much more challenging by heavy rain, hail, snow, ice, high winds, fog, and even driving at night.
- Disobeying Traffic Laws: Running a red light, tailgating, or breaking other laws is risky and can result in a severe collision. Unfortunately, many people have been guilty of this.
Common Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents can lead to serious injuries in almost every part of the body.
Here are some of the most common accident injuries suffered by motor vehicle accident victims:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: a catastrophic injury like a TBI takes time to appear, so a medical examination is required. It can cause ear ringing, impaired vision, nausea, and short-term memory loss, among other symptoms.
- Neck, Back, and Spinal Cord Injuries: a spinal cord injury can result in numbness, weakness, and paralysis, which can be temporary or permanent.
- Broken Bones: Due to the massive force of impact, it's not uncommon for bones to be wholly crushed or broken into more than two pieces in car accidents.
- Amputation: Amputation of limbs can occur in severe circumstances. Crushing or scorching of the arms, legs, hands, or feet can potentially result in amputation.
How Much a Car Accident Claim is Worth
Putting a price on an accident claim is complicated. The exact worth of a claim will vary from case to case. In addition, different factors, like lost wages, affect its value. So, insurance companies and lawyers consider several factors to develop a figure.
Here are some factors that influence your personal injury claim:
- The severity of Injury: The severity of the injuries you sustained through the accident will determine your paid amount. The general rule is that the more severe the injury, the more your compensation claim.
- Cost of Medical Treatment: Medical expenses are another factor to consider when calculating your claim. You need to consider the cost of medical tests, surgery, hospitalization, aftercare, and long-term care.
- Economic Losses: Car accidents can lead to losses like job loss, missing work for some days, and a stack of medical bills. Car collisions can lead to financial losses that run into hundreds of dollars. Hence, car accidents with economic losses lead to more compensation than those without.
- Permanent Physical Injuries: You can sustain permanent physical injuries from car accidents. Most severe injuries include amputation, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. Accidents with permanent physical injuries usually have more compensation for car accident claims than those without them.
- Emotional Distress: Consider your emotional suffering and pain when making a claim. Calculating the claim for emotional distress is complex because there's no particular monetary value linked with pain and suffering.
How A Riverside Car Accident Lawyer Determines Liability
In California, accident attorneys determine liability in car accident cases by examining evidence, such as accident photos, witness testimony, and police reports. They apply California's comparative negligence law, which allows for shared fault among parties, to the specific circumstances of the incident.
By assessing the actions of each driver against traffic laws and regulations, accident attorneys establish who the at-fault driver is.
They may also employ accident reconstruction experts to piece together the crash and consult medical professionals to link injuries directly to the car accident. This thorough investigation and application of legal standards enable your car accident lawyer to establish liability and pursue compensation for you, even if you may share some of the blame.
Contact Our Riverside Car Accident Attorneys
Getting severely injured in a car crash is devastating for many reasons. The premier legal team at Sycamore Accident Lawyers is here to help you alleviate the legal process, especially if you have suffered any life-threatening injuries. Our law firm is fully committed to providing car accident victims with the best legal representation in Riverside County. Our law office operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only pay legal fees or out-of-pocket expenses once we win your case. If we don't win your case, you don't pay. If you have been involved in a car accident, contact our law offices today and speak with an experienced Riverside car accident lawyer to get started with your personal injury lawsuit.