Did You Suffer Injuries From a Car Accident?
Every year, about three million people in the United States get injured in car accidents, based on a report from the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Car accidents range in severity from simple injuries to debilitating impairments. If you suffered physical injuries and emotional trauma in a serious car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek damages for your losses and entitled to receive compensation.
To make sure you get the most out of your Riverside car accident claim, it is highly advisable to get legal representation in order to maximize your recovery. Sycamore Accident Lawyers is a premier personal injury law firm with some of the most highly accomplished Riverside car accident lawyers to help you get the compensation you need and deserve to get your life back on track.
Car accident victims can recover damages from a variety of losses due to an auto accident. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an auto accident and in need of an experienced car accident attorney to represent your case, contact us to get started with your free consultation today.
Why Our Law Firm in Riverside County is the Best Choice
If you’re seeking the best car accident lawyers in Riverside County, look no further. Sycamore Accident Lawyers has built a winning reputation for helping clients recover maximum compensation for their car accident claims. Whether you have suffered injuries, property damage, or accumulated expensive medical bills, our Riverside car accident attorneys can help. We will fight to obtain the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Our law firm is known for its superior trial abilities and aggressive advocacy of clients in a car accident lawsuit. We have earned the reputation of being the most trusted personal injury attorney in the Riverside area. In addition, we’ve earned numerous honors for our work. We also provide you with access to the greatest medical professionals.
Benefits of Hiring an Riverside Car Accident Attorney
The challenges after a car accident can be overwhelming without help. The wisest means to tackle these challenges is to hire a knowledgeable attorney. Getting a car accident attorney can accelerate your chances of getting the right compensation you need. Here are some of the advantages of hiring a car accident attorney:
- Choosing the Most Effective Legal Strategy: Our Riverside car accident lawyers are experienced in personal injury cases involving auto accidents and can advise you on the best legal strategy for your car accident case.
- Obtain Critical Evidence: They assist you in conducting a comprehensive investigation into the causes of your accident that can explain how the car collision occurred. Then they can detail why the other person is liable.
- Offer Legal Guidance: With the assistance of an auto accident attorney, you will be able to avoid jeopardizing your personal injury claim, as your lawyer will offer professional legal advice and support.
- Determining Liability: Establishing liability in motor vehicle accidents can be difficult. However, a car accident lawyer will analyze the reasons for the accident and identify the negligent parties who should compensate you for your losses.
- Communicate with the Insurance Companies: In most cases, an insurance company either reduces or denies an insurance claim by obtaining incriminating statements from victims. An experienced attorney will assist in communicating with the insurance providers.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 20,160 individuals died in car accidents in the United States in the first six months of 2021, up 3,140 from the same period in 2020.
In addition, compared to a year ago, travel on US highways increased by 13% in the first half. Riverside isn’t left out either. As the most populous city in the Inland Empire region of Southern California, it is regrettably the home to hundreds of collisions each year. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), there were 1,989 individuals wounded or died in traffic accidents in Riverside in 2018.
Several reasons contribute to these accidents, which are described below. They are as follows:
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the National Highway Highway Safety Administration, intoxicated drivers were responsible for around 32% of all traffic fatalities in the United States last year. This includes drivers who have consumed alcohol or taken drugs.
- Driving While Distracted: Texting, talking on the phone, reading, or doing anything that takes your eyes off the road are all examples of distracted driving.
- Excessive Speeding: Speeding is a major contributor to car accidents. It’s the second most common reason for car accidents. Moreover, it raises the likelihood of accidents and their severity.
- Weather: Driving in hazardous conditions might result in accidents. Driving conditions can be made much more challenging by heavy rain, hail, snow, ice, high winds, fog, and even driving at night.
- Disobeying Traffic Laws: Running a red light, tailgating, or breaking other laws is risky and can result in a severe collision. Unfortunately, many people have been guilty of this.
Common Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents can lead to serious injuries in almost every part of the body. Here are some of the most common injuries suffered by motor vehicle accident victims:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: TBI takes time to appear, which is why a medical examination is required. It can cause ringing in the ears, impaired vision, nausea, and short-term memory loss, among other symptoms.
- Neck, Back, and Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can result in numbness, weakness, and paralysis, which can be temporary or permanent.
- Broken Bones: Due to the massive force of impact, it’s not uncommon for bones to be completely crushed or broken into more than two pieces in car accidents.
- Amputation: Amputation of limbs can occur in severe circumstances. Crushing or scorching of the arms, legs, hands, or feet can potentially result in amputation.
How Much a Car Accident Claim is Worth
Putting a price on a car accident claim isn’t straightforward. The exact worth of a claim will vary from case to case. In addition, different factors affect its value. So insurance companies and lawyers consider several factors to come up with a figure.
Here are some factors that influence your car accident claim:
- The severity of Injury: The severity of the injuries you sustained through the accident will determine your paid amount. The general rule is that the more severe the injury, the more your compensation claim.
- Cost of Medical Treatment: Another factor to consider when calculating your claim is your medical expenses. You need to consider the cost of medical tests, surgery, hospitalization, aftercare, and long-term care.
- Economic Losses: Car accidents can lead to economic losses like job loss, missing work for some days, and a stack of medical bills. Car collisions can lead to financial losses that run into hundreds of dollars. Hence, car accidents with economic losses lead to more compensation than those without.
- Permanent Physical Injuries: You can sustain permanent physical injuries from car accidents. Examples include amputation, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. Accidents with permanent physical injuries usually have more compensation claims than those without them.
- Emotional Distress: When making a claim, you should also consider your emotional suffering and pain. Calculating the claim for emotional distress is complex because there’s no particular monetary value linked with pain and suffering.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer in Riverside, CA
Getting severely injured in a car crash is devastating for many reasons. The premier legal team at Sycamore Accident Lawyers are here to help you alleviate the process. Our car accident law firm is fully committed to providing our clients with the best service in Riverside County. Contact us today to speak with a qualified Riverside car accident lawyer to get started.