Were You Injured in a Truck Accident?
Finding the right Riverside truck accident attorney is an important part of the recovery process. Truck accident cases can be complex due to the multiple parties involved. A legal professional is the best chance truck accident victims have to recover the compensation they need and deserve for losses involving large commercial vehicles.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi truck accident in Riverside County and are unsure of what to do next, we can help. Our legal team of skilled and award-winning Riverside truck accident lawyers at Sycamore Car Accident Lawyers will assist you in obtaining the appropriate compensation for your truck accident injuries. We are available to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our Law Firm Specializes in Riverside Truck Accidents
If you’re seeking the best truck accident attorney in Riverside, look no further. Sycamore Accident lawyers get the job done. Whether you have suffered injuries, property damage, or medical bills due to a truck collision, our Riverside truck accident attorneys have extensive experience.
Southern California has experienced an increase in the number of truck accidents. This upsurge in truck accidents is because of the increased number of commercial trucks that ply the roads in Riverside. Furthermore, with the growing popularity of online shopping, many large retailers, such as Amazon, have built significant distribution operations in Riverside County.
As a result, residents have to share the road with more commercial trucks. On any given day, between 25,000 to 30,000 trucks pass through the city’s busiest stretches of Interstate 10. As you might imagine, this increase in truck traffic has increased truck accidents in the county. According to traffic accident data, 463 truck incidents happened in Riverside in 2020, resulting in 22 deaths, with 625 people being hurt.
If you suffered serious injuries from a trucking accident in Riverside due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation. Our team of skilled and award-winning truck accident injury attorneys at Sycamore Car Accident Lawyers are fully prepared and qualified to handle truck accident claims.
The Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents are quite different from regular car accidents. For starters, truck collisions are frequently more severe than vehicle collisions. In addition, obtaining compensation following a vehicle accident is more complicated. That is why you require the services of an attorney. Here are some of the reasons why you should seek an attorney if you have been hurt in a truck accident:
- Get Critical Evidence: Truck accident lawyers may assist you in conducting a comprehensive investigation into the causes of your accident and obtaining evidence that explains how the accident occurred and why the trucker is guilty of negligence.
- Choosing the Most Effective Legal Strategy: Truck accident lawyers will look into how to approach the case and recommend how to achieve the best outcomes for your case.
- Determining Liability: Establishing fault in a truck accident can be more difficult than in car accidents. This is because truck accidents can involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, the trucker’s employer, the company that loaded the truck, and the manufacturer of the truck. It will require the skill of an experienced legal time to consider all of these factors to identify the liable party or parties.
- Providing Legal Guidance: If you decide to go for compensation after a truck accident, a truck accident lawyer can provide you with practical legal counsel at all stages of your claim. They will also ensure that all legal procedures are followed and that all deadlines are met to avoid jeopardizing the claim.
How Much a Truck Accident Claim is Worth
Determining how much your truck accident is worth can be complex. However, there are several factors that your attorney will consider before estimating your case value. They are as follows:
- Economic losses due to the accident
- Impact of the pain and injury on every aspect of your life
- Recovery time
- Permanent physical injury
- Future loss due to the accident
- Cost of the medical cost
Every case is different, so the value will vary. During your meeting with our knowledgeable truck accident attorneys, we will provide an estimate of your case’s value. The free consultation will also allow you to ask any additional questions on your mind.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Most common causes of truck crashes include:
- Speeding: Commercial truck drivers sometimes exceed the speed limit. In addition, when responding to a call, some emergency vehicles, particularly those in residential areas, frequently do the same. This can result in a major collision if a negligent driver is present.
- Use of Alcohol and/or Drugs: Even though the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) compels trucking companies to test independent truck drivers periodically for drugs and alcohol, some truckers continue to drive while inebriated. While most truck drivers are responsible, some are enticed by tight deadlines, long hours, and loneliness.
- Tiredness: Most truckers are usually pressed to make deliveries within a certain timeframe. Because of this, they sometimes drive for hours without rest. Lack of adequate sleep leads to fatigue and is equivalent to driving while intoxicated.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Defective tires, brake failure, steering equipment malfunction, and trailer problems affect safe freight delivery.
- Improperly Loaded Vehicles: Improperly loaded trucks or a cargo load that exceeds the weight limit make the vehicle difficult to steer and operate safely.
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
Truck accidents cause more severe injuries, due to the huge size of the vehicles and the force of impact. Here are the common injuries caused by truck accidents:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): TBI occurs when there is a collision in a truck accident that leads to severe damage to the brain tissue. TBI can cause physical and mental impairment, headache, seizure, personality changes, and death.
- Broken Bones: A truck accident can cause breakage, fracture, and fragmentation of the bones to several pieces. It can cause broken arm, leg, foot, collarbone, ribs, among others. Due to the impact of the accidents, they can be extensive and need long-term recovery and surgery.
- Spinal Injury: Spinal injury occurs when the spinal cord is damaged or severed because of truck accidents. Spinal cord injury leads to the paralysis of your lower body. You need to treat it immediately to prevent permanent damage.
- Amputation: Amputation of limbs occurs when the damage to the limbs is severe. Amputation is quite common in some truck accidents because of the huge impact of the collision.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Cuts can occur due to sharp metal, shattered glass, and other objects in the truck. During a collision, these objects can impact the body leading to infection.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Riverside
Here are the steps to take if you get involved in a truck accident. Following these important tips will help with your personal injury case against the negligent truck driver and trucking company.
- Contact the police to report the accident. Then, get a copy of the police report.
- Get the contact information of the involved parties, the driver’s insurance, and the information of the trucker’s employer.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, damage to your vehicle, and your injuries. The more visual evidence the better.
- Get contact details and information from eyewitnesses of the accident.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer and receive legal advice about your case. This will help prevent you from getting in a legal bind with the truck company’s insurance, which may try to avoid compensating you for the accident.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident
Establishing liability in a truck accident is harder than establishing liability in a car accident. The reason is that there are different parties that can be liable for truck accidents. However, only drivers are liable for car accidents.
Here are the parties that can be liable for a truck accident:
- Truck drivers: Truck drivers can lead to accidents by inattentive driving, drunk driving, violation of traffic rules, drowsy driving, and impaired driving.
- Truck manufacturers: Truck manufacturers can be liable for truck collisions when the trucks are poorly designed or have defective parts.
- Trucking Companies: Trucking companies can be at fault for an accident when they don’t maintain the truck, push their drivers to overwork themselves, or engage in negligence.
- Cargo companies: Cargo companies can be liable when they improperly load cargo or overload trucks with a lot of cargo.
Contact Us to Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you or a loved one were involved in a truck accident, the consequences might be disastrous. You don't have to go through it alone. We are here to assist you. At Sycamore Car Accident Lawyers, we are dedicated to providing you with the highest level of compensation possible. We've gone to trial and settled hundreds of auto accident claims over the last ten years. We've honed our skills negotiating with many insurance companies. As a result, when you're up against an insurance claims agent or their defense attorneys, we have the experience that matters.